Saturday 5 March 2011

Saturday 5th March


The world looks very different today - the sun is not shining today after a beautiful day yesterday. Lydia, Leo, Luke and I went to the pub for a couple of beers with Luke's parents and then came back home for a curry - but early nights all round after an exhausting time.

I do not yet know the date of the funeral but I am fairly it will be on either 15 or 16 March probably commencing at about 1130am. As soon as I can, I will confirm the date and time and provide other details.

I have a message for our dear friend, Eva, in Germany. I have tried to respond to your emails but for some reason they don't get delivered to you; I don't know why.

In the past 24 hours we have received some wonderful letters, messages, texts and emails. Thank you all so much. They are a great comfort to us at this difficult time.

Leo and I were looking back through photographs on the computer yesterday afternoon and we found this one taken at St Thomas' Christmas Tree Festival some years ago.

God bless you.

5 comments:

Richard Reynolds said...

Peter, thanks so much for taking the time to let us know of Jane's passing. Our love and thoughts are with you, Lydia and Leo xxx

Lyn Koukoulis said...

You are all in my thoughts. I keep finding pictures of Jane without looking & I have been talking to her today. The empty void is huge, but try to look through it to the love that it is actually filling it. God bless you all & keep you strong. Lyn

JanfromThan said...

I send my love, as always , to you all. God bless you. Xxxx

Unknown said...

Peter. So sorry to hear the news. Jane had a terrific family to be with her to the end. We will always remember the wonderful evening some summers ago when Jane and you shared a bottle of wine with us on our lawn. I regretted at the time not seeing more of you both before then.
John and Maureen

MASTER DRAPER said...

Peter

Nigel Gilbert called me last night to tell me the news about Jane. He also said you had a blog, but in Nigel's inimitable way he said he did not know how to 'use' one. Anyway I found it quite easily.

I am so sorry how things have turned out but you clearly have all been on a very difficult journey that you have all borne with great courage and love.

Rosemary and my thoughts are with you.

Adrian