Wednesday 2 March 2011

Wednesday 2nd March

6.45pm. It feels like we are back where we were 3 weeks ago today. Jane's whole pallor has changed - now very pale and drawn. Her breaths come intermittently and they are rasping.

I left Jane this morning after a broken night when she had needed some extra medication and the site for her syringe driver needed to be changed. She was zonked out but seemed pretty stable (everything is relative). I had a call just after 10am from the hospice to say her condition had changed. I came back and picked up Leo and went straight there. Lydia joined us a little later. We have spent the day together with Jane just chatting and reminiscing.

We are going back there now; we'll pop out for a snack at a local pub and then go straight back again. Lydia and Leo will stay at the hospice tonight too. Jane has constantly surprised us and so I make no predictions. However, we do ask you for your prayers for her tonight; we have been blessed to have this time.

God bless you.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Constantly praying for the nicest person on this planet, and her family. Sending so much love, too xxxxx

The Sociable Homeschooler said...

Jane will be with me tonight. It is afternoon now so praying fervently while awake and going about my day with her in my thoughts.
Love to you Peter and your blessed companions on this path, Lydia and Leo.
Vivienne, Larry Malia, Simon, Paris and Ian.xxxxxx

Joy said...

Thanks for your words Peter. My thoughts are with you all. x

Gervase Evans said...

Your strength and love are an inspiration to us. We all send love and strength back to you, Jane, Lydia & Leo in these times of uncertainty. And a big hug wrapped up in gossama xxx G&S

Rich and Woody Jackman said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Being able to share this vigil in a v small way means so much - so thank you, thank you, thank you for keeping this blog. All our love Woody & Richxx

JanfromThan said...

So many wonderful comments showing the love and care that is showered on you all. A little more comes to my dear friend And her wonderful family from the place where we shared such happy times. I miss her voice and laughter on the end of the phone, accompanying me on my walk home from work. Love n hugs as always xxxx