Wednesday 9 March 2011

Wednesday 9th March

I had intended to post one last blog after the funeral but I write now having just moved from Jane's chair by the window where I have been reading a huge pile of letters and cards. I wanted to record now our heartfelt gratitude for all those loving messages, some popped through the front door by hand and others from around the world; it is very humbling and moving - I confess to being reduced to tears by many of your messages.

We know we have been blessed in so many respects and we just have to deal with the paradox of simultaneously losing our Jane from our midst.

Last year Christopher Reid's book of poems "A Scattering" won a prize and we bought a copy (it is wonderful). It included a poem called "Please Explain Tears". I have wept a lot in the past days and weeks and my explanation is that they work like the heavy rain that follows that sultry, hot thundery weather. They clear the air and make it fizz. I think Jane would approve.

We will see many of you next week.

God bless you and thank you again from the three of us.

4 comments:

Sally said...

thank you Peter. Loved this post. It's been so wonderful to be able to have an insight into these things you are feeling,how you are doing...tears to cleanse, and love that endures even when we do not. Bless you and the family as you prepare for Jane's funeral. I wish we could be there. Love to you all. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Dear Peter, Lydia and Leo.

Sitting at my desk at work and have been reading the blog. I wish I had your strength and courage to know what to say or how to say it.
All I can say is my thoughts and prayers are with you all and I am hoping to attend tomorrow.
Shakey

Unknown said...

Shaking a little at having to say goodbye but also determined to make tomorrow a celebration of the life that was Jane's, we will all be there. xxx

The Sociable Homeschooler said...

So longing to be there with all of you tomorrow.
Please know that I will be thinking of you and praying for each of you as you celebrate Jane's life with laughter and tears.
Love as always,
Your family in Texas. Vivienne Larry and the children.xxx